In honor of Valentine’s Day, I’m posting the Top Ten Most Romantic Things my husband has done in the forty years I’ve known him.
10. Flowers – Really, they never fail. The African violet he gave me for our 3rd anniversary. The two bouquets he brought when he came home from recovery because he didn’t know which one I’d like best. The long-stemmed rose he handed me tonight…
9. Handmade cards – like the classic version he once made from a paper bag after I’d gone to bed mad.
8. Jewelry – The ID bracelet when we were dating with our code word for “I love you” engraved on the back.
7. Trips – We used to travel to get away from the kids. Now we travel to get to them.
6. Jane Austen – Letting me watch Pride and Prejudice instead of Duck Dynasty, and never complaining.
5. Computers – From the first chunky Apple to my current Mac Air, all the machines he’s gift-wrapped for the writer-to-be.
4. Smooth sheets – on the bed he makes every morning without fail.
3. Loving my mother.
2. Honoring my dad.
1. Worshiping God.